Let’s celebrate our centenary!
10 April 2012
Today, WAGGGS wishes a happy Centenary Celebration Day to all Girl Guides and Girl Scouts, and asks you to ‘Share’ your voice and your thoughts about our Movement.
The centenary theme for 2012 is ‘Share’, following ‘Plant’ in 2010 and ‘Grow’ in 2011. By Sharing the knowledge and experiences we have Planted and Grown, we can bring Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting to even more girls and young women in even more countries as we move forward into a new chapter of our Movement.
There are two ways you can Share this year.
1: Imagine More: Share Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting
Imagine More is a new marketing campaign developed by WAGGGS to help you tell the world how much girls and young women get from Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting.
Member Organizations can download the campaign tools from our Imagine More website section and use them in the way that suits their local area best.
Girl Guides and Girl Scouts, leaders, volunteers, parents and anyone else can help by posting the imagine more logo to Facebook or Twitter, and posting an Imagine More message as a Tweet or Facebook status.
Here are our suggested Imagine More messages. If you make up your own message in the same style, tell us what it is!
- More than fun and games... I’m on an adventure. Think you’re up to the challenge? Join the Girl Scouts.
- More than learning... I’m discovering what matters to me. Want to find the real you? Join the Girl Guides.
- More than talking... I have a voice. Want to be heard? Join the Girl Scouts.
- More than friends... we’re sisters. Form a bond that will last a lifetime – Join the Girl Guides.
- More than me... I’m one in 10 million. Want to be part of something bigger? Join the Girl Scouts.
- More than a volunteer... I make a difference. Want to create change? Join the Girl Guides.
2: Stop the Violence: Add Your Voice.
Stop the Violence is our global campaign to stop all forms of violence against girls and young women. We are collecting voices to help our message grow from a whisper to a shout. We need to talk, join together and inspire action around the world.
Girls in every country across the world are being subjected to many forms of violence. The problem ranges from forced marriage and female genital mutilation in some countries, to domestic violence and bullying in others. This is wrong and must stop.
Wherever you live, you can help us to make a difference by sharing your voice with our campaign. Please add your voice to Stop the Violence.
Don’t forget to watch the 2012 Centenary video message from our World Board chairman Nadine El Achy.
You can download the Centenary Celebration Day activity pack for more ideas on how to celebrate the centenary and participate in the Share theme.
You can also buy centenary badges from the online shop – get a special centenary discount by using the code CENTENARY2012!